What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

u. pubescens flowers

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
My pubescens flowered and I was able to snap a few photos.

2033a671c2c02ba52f50fa1b8c4e8c78.jpg

53eb041c05eccbc50fb4fbcfa96a2258.jpg

29d1276b65d0c4d76f3dd9f7144427f9.jpg

35726ea5807e3ca223dbb573aac3b66b.jpg

My graminifolia is flowering as well. Ill get some close ups of that later but here's a iPhone pic of the two plants.

1afdad0241c4d73b2be93de06c39920b.jpg

Looking good. Mine has 3 stalks up and is a few days away from opening the 1st flowers.

If you only knew how much graminifolia I'm grown and I've only ever seen ONE flower. And you have already beat me in a tiny cup! I'm not kidding I could have carpeted my bedroom...Enjoy it!

How well is the pubescens growing in that much water? I've flooded mine for a day or so but never tried it long term that wet.

If you only knew how much graminifolia I'm grown and I've only ever seen ONE flower. And you have already beat me in a tiny cup! I'm not kidding I could have carpeted my bedroom...Enjoy it!

How well is the pubescens growing in that much water? I've flooded mine for a day or so but never tried it long term that wet.

The pubescens was flooded prior to taking pics. I don't keep it flooded on the surface like that. Just wanted to keep it cool during the macro shots. The lights tend to get hot when I'm taking pics.

I have several test cups of graminifolia. I haven't seen a peep from trials, but the emergent cup seems to be the happiest! That container does stay full of water and the plant is always submerged.

'Like'

Gorgeous flowers! These are both sepcies that have been on my want list for some time, due to the shape and color of the flowers. Pubescens also for the leaf shape, it's just so odd..... great work!

Thank you all. A few side shots of this flower.

f1ecbf5764f4c1fd7aa6c0d138bffbca.jpg

ee343654395eed197bc11a5ac6357278.jpg

Also nice looking!

Agreed!
I thought my plant was slightly different because I didn't have the "bullseye" center like all of the other flowers I have seen but the newer flowers are showing that characteristic.

Some pots have the open center & some don't. My guess is that the happier the plant, the more likely the bullseye ...

.... between the flowers & the cool leaves - definitely a neat little plant.

Back