What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia gibba?

I got this plant in the same trade as the other utric. I was told it was gibba but the stem is very thick and the bladders are much bigger than the bladders on the gibba I have (about 2.5 mm). The growth point also looks different. You can see them on the left side of the photo.

DSC_0365_1.jpg

In this picture I put a piece of gibba I had before under the Utricularia. The plant I am trying to identify is the dark green stem at the top of the picture, and
the gibba is under it. The color and foliage look pretty different to me, but I only see bladders growing individually so I am not sure what to make of it.

DSC_0367_1.jpg

Hopefully, a flower will appear.

Last edited:
It may just be me, but I don't see any gibba in that picture. My guess is something similar to macrorhiza, based on what I own. Though, to be honest, I recently reacquired australis and they look very similar in structure. I can tell you that its not gibba, radiatas, or inflata.

Back