What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genlisea hispidula bloomed!

Hey Everyone:

I somehow missed the flower on the stalk, but my Genlisea hispidula bloomed. I've taken a couple shots of the flower on the floor of the terrarium:

9ql37a.jpg

m7dx90.jpg

I'm not entirely sure how I missed the bloom; it must be very short lived. I've been checking every morning and evening and didn't see anything until this morning. There is one more bud on the stalk, so I'll try to catch that one, but I fear it will probably bloom tomorrow while I'm at the NECPS meeting, so I might not get that one either.

Nice flower. That is surprising that they are that short-lived, falling off even when the flower still looks fine.

Almost got the second flower on camera, but it fell off as I picked it up...

The second flower:
330sca9.jpg

Close up:
smynid.jpg

Tanukimo, I think I know why it's so short lived -

33fb70w.jpg

Seems like I'm gonna have seeds!

I have never seen seeds. I want some lol! Nice genlisea

Almost got the second flower on camera, but it fell off as I picked it up...

The second flower:
330sca9.jpg

Close up:
smynid.jpg

Tanukimo, I think I know why it's so short lived -

33fb70w.jpg

Seems like I'm gonna have seeds!

Congratulations! I would sow them as soon as possible, while they are still fresh.

mine never seems to set seeds. maybe I need to keep more humid?

Mine often produced seed. The pods sort of unwrap in a spiral pattern from the top down.

I will definitely keep an eye on the seed pod as it develops. I'm looking forward to trying to grow some from seed. And unlike buying online, I'll know that it's fresh. :)

My U. longifolia dropped a flower early, and an ovary appears to be swelling. Still very small though.

Back