Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquatic Utricularia Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickntd View Post
    I use snail to control the algae grow on the Utrics and other companion plant surface. They did a very good job.
    Tanukimo, do you have big pic of U bremii? It seems the one i keep is not similar to the one you show here.
    Utricularia bremii is not a large plant (for me) so I don't have any large pictures of it. However, the person I got it from has some that looks like Utricularia intermedia so it might look different in different conditions. I don't have any more recent pictures but here are some more photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelea View Post
    Ok, the following Australian species are happy as affixed aquatics and when I am at my greenhouse this weekend I will take a few pics. Uliginosa (some varieties more so than others thrive at a depth of 30-40cm and in the wild 2M is no shock), Bifida, Limosa, Dichotoma, Nivea (only to 5cm before flowering ceases), Monanthos, Geofrayii (as per nivea at 5cm) and Caerula.
    These are all ones I have growing as permanent affixed aquatics, but I have seen a few more wild plants (like chrysantha) in depths of 20-30cm for months on end and happy with flowers, though my chrysantha will not grow in more than 3-4cm before they start to die off a couple months in, so there must be a trick to it.
    Wow, you have several species I could only dream of acquiring. I grow some of my bifida as an affixed aquatic, and it flowered a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how it got into the container, which was originally for biloba but it seems very vigorous. I thought it was graminifolia until it flowered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good sun this morning. Try to take some pic for my U bremii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As cold weather is coming, my U. bremii is forming turions.

Do I need to do anything for them? They just detach and float around in my water tank.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I just leave mine in the container and they come back just fine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After letting my collection dwindle down to just gibba and trying to grow volubilis and reflexa unsuccessfully, I've decided to try again with some species I used to have.

Utricularia macrorhiza (just turions right now)

Utricularia bremii

Utricularia bremii is also starting to form turions now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123