What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aborting Flower Stalks

The last two stalks on my G. hispidula have both grown nicely for a week or two, and then did something like this:

EEwiTKi.jpg

It seems to happen whenever the stalk touches a surface, however slightly. Any ideas as to why this would be?

Last edited:
I have one clone that is doing this frequently. dunno why. I have suspected that it is humidity related. in the day my humidity can drop a great deal. have them under a humidity dome to test.

Hmm, that's odd, it was already under a humidity dome since I worried about the same thing. A humidity issue does make sense though, since it happened after the lights were on for a few hours. I'll try putting it in a terrarium with a humidifier when I get back home.

Last edited:
My U. longifolia did something similar. The top three inches withered and dried out. In two days. After the stalk took months to form. It is a first, going through two or three bloom cycles (years) I do suspect that one time I might have watered with cooler water than it was used to, but not sure.

Back