What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you feeding your terrestrial ultrics?

• Thread starter nate78+1
  • Start date
I ordered my first ultricularia today. It's a terrestrial species. My question for everyone here is are you providing some sort of food source for it? It's going to end up In a terrarium environment soon. Seeing as they naturally catch food in soil, does anyone here actually keep little critters with their plants for them to eat.

I dab the leaves of some of mine with Maxsea, but if it's going to be in a terrarium (and really even in just a singular pot) it's not really necessary. However, they generally like repots every couple years to refresh the soil.

The soil you grow your utricularia in will produce food for your plant on its own. A lot of microbial life will appear in your soil that your plant can consume.

Normally I keep my Utrics in collected rain water but sometimes I get some pond water and use that to resupply the water.

Back