What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

terrestrial Utricularia

• Thread starter Tanukimo
  • Start date
This looks like Utricularia amethystina to me, which is strange, because I only ever purchased the white flower form (which has flowered before).

tR0DufG.jpg

MdrBqfA.jpg

Also Utricularia tridentata flowered again. I wish it flowered more often. It looks ghostly in this picture.

JFIFECV.jpg

Some Utricularia rostrata are flowering as well. I've given up trying to get closeup pictures, since the flowers are about half the size of those of bisquamata.

LEkvn5U.jpg

Utricularia warburgii has been growing a lot but has yet to flower, although there are a few aborted stalks.

LimtsUL.jpg

Nice. Is that d. anglica near the bottom of the second photo?

Not really a terrestrial, but a Utricularia biloba clone I got from Mach Fukada flowered. The Taiwanese clone that I have typically flowers around March or April.

cITMjyr.jpg

npM75tu.jpg

The flowers turn paler with time; the ones in the first picture are a few weeks old.

Also got some flowers from Utricularia amethystina 'white flower.' I wish the purple flower form flowered at the same time so I could compare the two. The last time this form flowered for me was two years ago. The scapes are about a foot tall.

wQVcZ5O.jpg

AKbIpBH.jpg

r5efuRk.jpg

Also for some reason Utricularia appendiculata really likes to grow on the sides of its container.

jO6cUG6.jpg

vkPQ7ZE.jpg

A few months ago I thought I had lost it but thankfully I was wrong. I have gotten scapes from this species but they always abort.

Back