What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genlisea subglabra

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
PkZs8NQ.jpg

Etoeo4q.jpg

kBmrQ1t.jpg

SS5ra8z.jpg

Should the flowers be purple?

According to what I've seen and read, yes they should have purple flowers. That said, some of the photos I've seen online don't look very purple to me...

So either the species diagnosis didn't include white flowers or there are plants in cultivation that are mislabeled or misidentified.

Yup, that about covers it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Ok, a second flower opened, this one has a very faint purple tinge to it. The flash for the photos washes it out but you can see a bit on the "goggles". Too late and overcast to set up the tripod and try some natural light photos. Maybe tomorrow before I try hand pollinating the flower. This flower is much better formed than the first :)

dRnW3yE.jpg

EY0YqtN.jpg

l0qEd0E.jpg

It should be fine, I've noticed that Genlisea flowers vary a fair bit in how dark/pale they are depending on growing conditions, how old the flower is, etc. You could try higher light / more airflow / lower temps for darker colors; at least that seems to correlate for my plants.

Back