What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow Purple Utrics

• Thread starter ShoalCreek
  • Start date
Howdy-
I have 2 above mentioned Utrics that I am looking to ID. One is U. Livida (auto correct wont stop the capitalization) and the other I am not sure. The flower on one is 1/2 the size of the other.
3e9c47699e17ceaac1842f834b776a56.jpg

This one is U livida

Last edited:
On the first picture, what is the weedy green rosette type plant growing in the right side?

Last edited:
Don't know what that second one is Mike, but I like it!

The weed in the first picture may be Irish moss, an invasive little plant most people have as groundcovers in moist dark corners of their yard. The Utricularia in the second photo (you can post more than one photo in a post, by the way, to avoid risk of confusion) that is coming up between what I assume may be Stylidium is the also common and weedy U. bisquamata.

Found it. U bisquamata. Apparently it rode in on something else I purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The weed in the first picture may be Irish moss, an invasive little plant most people have as groundcovers in moist dark corners of their yard. The Utricularia in the second photo (you can post more than one photo in a post, by the way, to avoid risk of confusion) that is coming up between what I assume may be Stylidium is the also common and weedy U. bisquamata.

Thanks for the IDs! Sorry, Tapatalk didn't update with your message before I found Barry Rice's picture of bisquamata. Yes, the plant is Stylidium....

I'm working on removing plants that do not belong in each pot.

Thanks again!

Best regards, Lisa

Found it. U bisquamata. Apparently it rode in on something else I purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very common occurrence, even with trades and giveaways :single_eye:

Once bisquamata is in a pot, it's staying in that pot, unless you light-starve it. And it will also end up in every nearby pot, and maybe some far off ones too.

Back