What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon2020s Utric Collection

My humble collection. I think 23 pics in total approx. 22 species.

I no longer grow Bisquamata. And my Subulata now just grows in all of my Sarrs and VFTS outside. I don't have a good Prehensilis pic, but I do currently have a few pots. I also used to have some Alpina crosses, but I have had to make cuts here and there due to space and all.

https://imgur.com/a/04Ua1si

Thanks for looking!

Happy growing!
In solidarity,
Brandon

Drool worthy collection - thank you for sharing! I only have a few epiphytics and terrestrials - over time I hope that grows -especially the epiphytics. I've still have only gotten the alpina to bloom, but I have patience...kind of.

Very nice collection you have going there. Quelchii and Reniformis are some of my favorite species.

Thanks so much madrone!

Hello Grey Moss!
I think I actually purchased my Blanchetii and Parthenopipes from you over on Savagegarden!
If so, thanks so much again! Easily 2 of my favorite terrestrials!

Very nice Utric collection! Mine's quite small at the moment, and only got my parth and sandersonii (not really an accomplishment lol) to bloom. What are your growing conditions?

Thanks jpappy789!

Congrats on the blooms! I still always get excited!

I grow my Terrestrial Utrics in 1.5 inch plugs IN a SW window with 2x 2ft t5ho lamps on 12-14 hours a day. I use a tiny aquarium pump to oxygenate the reservoir water. Most of them flower either constantly or in Spring/Fall.
Here is my Blanchetii and Parthenopipes currently in bloom as well!

https://imgur.com/a/7QRLTCH

My Epiphytic Utricularia are kept in Intermediate/high and conditions. They are near a SW window with 2x 2ft t5ho lamps on 14-16 hours a day. I have a 100w aquarium chiller to cool the reservoir. And I use an ebb and flow system on a timer to water them. Temps range seasonally. Starting about mid fall the plants begin to grow lots of leaves up until late Spring. Then in my conditions not much happens over the warmest parts of the Spring and Summer. And finally in late Summer early Fall if I am super lucky they flower.

Thanks again for looking!

Back