What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most utrics and genlisea are not aquatic

Most Utric species are terrestrial or epiphytic, and the majority of species in cultivation not aquatic. Most (and maybe all) Genlisea species are also terrestrial. Why then, have they been grouped into a topic about bogs and water gardens?

Hi Dodecathelon,

We lumped those plants in this group since most people associate ultric. species with aquatic plants, or at least most people that I've encountered.

If you have a better topic suggestion, I'd gladly change the topic name.

-PC

Hmmm, perhaps a forum for "others" incl. utrics, aldrovanda, genlisea, bromiliads etc., and another for cultivation methods, incl. water gardens, bogs, terraria greenhouses...

This may all be moot anyway, as I doubt you will get too many people inquiring about utric cultivation methods.

Oh, I've seen you write "ultric" instead of "utric" a few times now. I think "utric" is more common abbreviation for the genus name.

There are much fewer Uticulara growers than most CP's true. I think its just because they are very hard to come by most the year and second they are not that well known. It took me a few months to find a nursery that had an aquatic variety in stock.

Back