What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.asplundii

Hi everyone,

Today, I received some seeds of U.asplundii-Brazil from the LACPS seedbank. Does anyone have any tips with germinating seeds of this plant? I have not had much luck with the seeds of epiphytic utrics. Maybe the seeds were not fresh enough?

Also, I have plenty of seeds of U.asplundii to trade(give away-sase) to dedicated growers. I also have seeds of D.ascendens(villosa type)-Brazil...

Message me. My email is full and I need to empty it...

I sowed seeds of fresh U. reniformis and had germination within 8 hrs. Seed of the epiphitic species is very short lived, so get them sown and sent asap!

My seed of reni was sown on waterlogged live LFS. Seed was also sown on wet peat/sand but will significantly poorer results in both germination and subsequent growth.

I don't have a lot of experience germinating utrics, but I have had good success by sowing them on a peat/sand mix and giving them a good spraying with water once or twice a day. Continuing this procedure while the seedlings are small seems to make them grow better.

Back