What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What prolific weeds!

Image04.jpg

I got this plant from petflytrap in november. it was a 5 inch strand. Now I have 3 feet of it! If you look closely you can see bladders

wow , I got u. gibba b 4 but then i gave it away , then I brought some from pft , but they rotted , then i got some from you , but my small pond dried up and it died . heyu john do u have any to spare .

That's U. gibba? I wonder what the prolific bladderwort weed infesting my tropical aquarium is, then? Hmm.... I always assumed it was gibba, but it doesn't look like that pic. It's very long and stringy, hardly ever branches. I thought it was a weird type of algae for the longest time, and kept trying to get rid of it, but it somehow always comes back. It will attach to a plant or something and then just grow, straight out horizontally, with occasional nodules (which i now realize are traps) on an otherwise featureless "stem". Any ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (D muscipula @ April 14 2003,09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's U. gibba?  I wonder what the prolific bladderwort weed infesting my tropical aquarium is, then?  Hmm....  I always assumed it was gibba, but it doesn't look like that pic.  It's very long and stringy, hardly ever branches.  I thought it was a weird type of algae for the longest time, and kept trying to get rid of it, but it somehow always comes back.  It will attach to a plant or something and then just grow, straight out horizontally, with occasional nodules (which i now realize are traps) on an otherwise featureless "stem".  Any ideas?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
It could be urticularia radiata?
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Mar. 24 2003,12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Image04.jpg

I got this plant from petflytrap in november. it was a 5 inch strand. Now I have 3 feet of it! If you look closely you can see bladders[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
WOW! 3 feet?!? Whatever you're doing, you're doing it perfectly ;)

and such a beautiful weed it is too!!!!!

i'm hopefuly gonna be getting a peice of it soon from a friend
tounge.gif

just peat and water ? on a bright window seal ?
does it need dafnia alot ?

Yes, they should have alot of daphnia. If you look at the traps closely, it looks like alot of them have daphnia trapped inside of them... Spec, those are daphnia, right?
tounge.gif
wow.gif

wink.gif

Ceph_Giant

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chomperDaSk8rPunk @ April 17 2003,1:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and such a beautiful weed it is too!!!!!

tounge.gif

does it need daphnia alot ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, all I have in there is distilled water and daphnia, that's all you need.
smile.gif

Ceph_Giant- Yup, those are daphnia in the traps.  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

-Spec

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chomperDaSk8rPunk @ April 17 2003,1:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and such a beautiful weed it is too!!!!!

tounge.gif

does it need dafnia alot ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Oops double post, delete this please mod

Back