What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite bladderwort?

bisquamata for me
wink.gif

My favorite dream Utrics are campbelliana and biloba.. my fave Utric I grow is alpina because it's survived just about everything that's been thrown at it. I thought it was dead after my move but it's come back beautifuly!
smile.gif

My favorites in my collection are U.alpina, U.longifolia, and U.humboldtii

Cole

All the ones I don't have yet, hee hee. I am close to perishing for want of some new species!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 10 2003,8:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U. livida.  'Cause I haven't killed it yet
biggrin.gif
!  It's actually growing
smile.gif
.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Same here...I thought it died.....nope..When do they produce flowers? I've had mine for a few months

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slizarus @ Oct. 07 2003,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When do they produce flowers? I've had mine for a few months[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Beats me. The flower on mine (note the singular noun) is growing on the stalk that came with the plant(s).  The stalk was folded over 3 times in the baggie that kayaker78 sent the clump in back in July.  There are three unopened buds on the stalk, but they show no sign of wanting to open any time soon (if at all).

From what i seen from pictures U. biloba, U. campbelliana, and U. reniformis looks pretty cool... hmm does anybody know were i could get some? thanks

If you can find U. campbelliana you wiill be ddoing better than almost anyone on this board: about the only place I know for sure you can get this is on a Tepui in Brasil.

U. biloba is likewise uncommon in collections in the U.S.

U. reniformis is a possibility. I've PM'ed you a possible source for this here in the U.S.

I like them all, but I think I like sandersonii, livida, humboldtii, and gibba(I don't know why I like gibbas). I have none of them and am trying to find and rumage them up. But first I need room for them. LOL

Well that's the pits that campbelliana and biloba is so uncommon... I e-mailed ********* to see if they sometimes sells them. He mentions campelliana in his book so i'm pretty sure he grows them...

Don't go sinking a big wad of cash until you practise on some of the other more ammenable members of this section of Utricularia: U. campbelliana is not an beginner plant from all that I have heard regarding it. I doubt very much that what's-his-name is offering it for sale, but if he is, please let me know. This is a most wanted species for me!!

Very nice U. biloba flower, Christian. My favorite utrics have got to be longifolia and tricolor. They both haven't flowered yet, but then again, I just got starter colonies this last spring.

My lividia's flowers are tinted purple (outside colony). But the colony that's growing inside (from the same stock), the flowers show basically no purple. Interesting.

-Homer

violace/mensiezz/bethamii:angry:

Back