What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. reniformis small form

Hey Folks,

As Vic Brown nicely illustrated in his 13 May posting, and as others have noted, there are a couple of U. reniformis forms in cultivation. I can't steal someone else's thunder and give away details, but expect to see a couple of cultivar descriptions in an issue of CPN within the next several months which names a couple of U. reniformis cultivars. You'll be able to modify your plant's name tags! The "small form" has a particularly inspired cultivar name...

Cheers

Barry

Well I am all just agog waiting to hear! Hopefully I will aready have the cultivar, whats-its-name and won't have to whine and beg too much, if at all. If it's your own cultivar, congratulations!

What other utrics are around that should be registered? Probably U. bisquamata 'Betty's Bay', maybe the blue-flowered U. sandersonii. What about the old U. monanthos and U. novae-zealandia that were lumped in with U. dichotoma?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

How about the various U. livida floating around? Hey, we could call the South African one "Lavender Cyclops" now there is an image for you!

Since I know a grower that claims to have 9 different clones of U. longifolia, this is a likely candidate as well.

Back