What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great method to propagate plants

I have been propagating U. livida and U. subulate by pulling up flower stalks with a few roots at the end and planting the flower stalk in a new pot. Plants grow quickly using this method, and it is a great way to select certain clones out of a batch of seed grown utrics such as U. subulate (you can select for plants that dont produce cleistogomous flowers)

Just thought Id share.....but wait, if anyone trys this and is very successful with any species I dont have.....feel free to send some my way
smile.gif

ohhhhh, ahhhhhhh, I'll try your meathod of propagation, maybe we could trade too? I want subualta soooooo bad

That's a good idea for getting pure cultures out of those contaminated by U. subulata.

Can anyone tell me how much of the variation in chasmo/cleisto-gamous flowers in U. subulata is due to genetic variation, and how much is environmental. More specifically, are there any purely chasmogamous clones around, which are never cleistogamous?

Giles

Ibelieve it is an interplay between genetics and environment. My clone is very chasmogamous and I will send some to you SOON!

Thank you Tamlin - I am looking forward to it. I had some chasmogamous flowers years ago, but since then nothing but the other ones, and plenty of them.

Giles

Back