What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Livida

I want to know how to grow a livida
what conditions does itneed
what media
will someone ever help???
biggrin.gif

you should have researched this before you requested the utric
wink.gif

Mike

biggrin.gif
It is really easy to grow! It will grow in almost any of the grow mixes commonly used for CP's. Just be sure to keep it wet to moist at all times. Ill try to remember to send you some of the soil mix I use for U. livida when I send the plant out, Im going to send the plants out on tuesday (my next day off work)!

o thanks for the a lil bit of media
is this a good bog plant
can it go dormat
do you have it in full sun
and what temps do you have
and what humidity

Hey there,

I have had outstanding results by placing this plant a few inches below grow lights.  The plant is actually a few mm below the water surface level.  Humidity is not that important since its in water, but the higher the better of course.  As for media, I use 1/2 peat moss, 1/2 silica sand (aka sandplasting mix.  I can only get it in 100 LB bags, but its only $8  
wink.gif
).

-homer

You cant get a much easier Utric to grow. I grow mine in LFS, perlite, peat, sand (no measurements, just tossed it in) The higher the light, the more color in the flowers, but mine is very tolerant of the light conditions. It will not go dormant. My temps are between 70-85*F. Humidity: I have never checked, but I assume that inside it is close to 45%- 70%.

Have fun!
Cole

Back