What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia nephrophylla

Can someone give me some advice how to keep it in culture ?

Martin

I know that Richard and Dodec both grow it. I think I recall Richard saying that he grows it in standard peat:sand mix on the tray like any other terrestrial. He also mentioned that it tends to grow better/faster during the cooler months of the year.

Pyro

Yep. It grows just like any other utric. You probably need to have it in a greenhouse for it to flower.

So it needs warm summers and cool winter ?
What about humidity ?

its not fussy, grows & flowers with all my other plants

Martin, in case you didn't get your copy right now: Taylor says its habitat is "Wet, often vertical, rocks in montane forest, mostly between 600 and 1200m altitude..."

Joachim

Hi Martin.
I have grown the plant for about 3 years now. As Pyro mentioned it is a very easy grower but it really seems to take off in winter! I have leaves sticking up in great clumps from the drainage holes of my pot! It really doesn't require any special treatment. Mine is grown at the end of my greenhouse where it gets slightly less sun and it stands in about 1 inch of water.
This is an older photo of the plant with buds. They are all open now but I am having dificulty photographing them. Because they are so pale lilac, they overpower my cheap digital camera. I will keep trying though!
10829478-b15b-01E00280-.jpg

I managed to get this rather poor pic today. You get the idea though!
11579407-e565-009B01B5-.jpg

oooooohhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Back