What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new 'trics' :)

G

Just received U. tricolor, simplex, sandersonii....

Is there anything special about these plants. Or are they just easy, great plants to grow
smile.gif

( I think I have become addicted to utricularia now
smile.gif
)

U. tricolor likes to be grown more like an amphibious than a terrestrial (at least that is what I have found.) It also is a pain to flower, I think Richard is using black magic on his plant.

U. sandersonii is an real easy plant and will grow quite fast when happy.

I don't know about simplex

utrics are addicting! of all the cool looking, unusual plants in carnivory, i found myself most attracted to the little barely noticed utrics!! theyre soo great! i think the flowers are beautiful, but i think im more interrested in the leaf shape and the way it grows. i wanna try to get some to grow lithophytically!!
biggrin.gif
have fun with your utrics jaie!! and the best of luck to you!!!

-josh

I have to say.. I love all CPs but Utrics are my passion
biggrin.gif

My sister gets so sick of me diving into every swamp and lake we pass looking for a "Utric". I tried explaining it to her using the common name bladderwort.. problem is she misunderstood me and tells everyone with great enthusiasm that her sister wades through swamps and lakes looking for bratwurst... *sigh*

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Bratwurst

Jaie.

Welcome to the club. It's always encouraging to know that I'm not the only one.

Where did the U. simplex come from? If at some point it originated with Lee Bednar's outfit, then it is probably not U. simplex. If it is U. simplex then typical utric conditions will be okay, although i have found it to be a little slow growing.

all 3 came from Lee's Botanical Gardens.

I am sure that they will have fun in the greenhouse. The others that I have are doing great.
smile.gif

Back