What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. biloba

Would anyone have the time to tell the growing codnitions for the U. biloba? any help would greatly be appreciated...

Cya laters
Jim
wink.gif

Jim

U. biloba grows well in peat/sand, just like many other small, terrestrial bladderworts. It does however, like to be grown very wet/flooded all the time.

Vic

Hey thanks for all your help! one other thing you talk as if the U. biloba are small or they, as for ive seen pictures of there sexy blue blooms(dont ask why i described it as sexy, i mean sassy) but how big are they?

Hermm Cya laters
Jim
wink.gif

Jim,

U. biloba is best grow almost like a sub-affixed plant, always under a small level of water. Mine are under 1/2 to 1 cm all the time and growing well. Like most terrestrial Utrisc, these plants are a little on the smaller side but their beauty more than makes up for that.

Parasuco,

Do you have a U. resupinata and if so where did you get it? And would you mind providing your cultivation info if you have it?

I have anohter one of those round, sperical vases... with about two inches of sand/peat, with an average of maybe... .5cm, maybe less, water across the surface... The temps stay around, uh... I'm not sure... Lowest is around 60*F at nightime, but Its warmer during the day... Uuum. actually, they don't get a load of sunlight... It is on my desk, infront of my window, but its behind one of my larger neps (the pot that is), and so its fairly shaded... Its growing quite well...

I grow U. resupinata just under the water level, like biloba, cornuta, juncea etc.

Back