What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bladderworts

G

Ok. Yesturday, I noticed that these plants growing in my D. aliciae pot were flowering. I had always known they were there, but never payed much attention to them. Then, when I looke at the flowers I said, " hay,... these are blatterworts! "
I recognized them from a book, and was surprised that I didn't notice it before
smile.gif
. Anyway, are these easy to care for? I don't know a thing about them, exept for their carnivorous nature. The flowers are white, with purple at the end, and a yellow center. Small, but attractive
smile.gif
. Thanks.

If you're feeling sad or hurt
You ought to try a bladderwort
cause when your problems start to bury ya
its therapeutic to grow utricularia

Mr. Dawnstar:  Oh, Brother!  
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Nataniel,
   Were you able to identify the species?  There's a couple of good photo galleries on the web that could help.  You have to go by the flower in most cases.  Anyway, the one terrestrial I have is quite easy (I have U. Livida).  I pretty much just leave it alone and let it do its thing. It's still in the pot it came in, and I have it in a tank. Flowers like mad.
smile.gif

It isnt a u.subulata is it nathaniel? That punk is a WEED.

Cole

Back