What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other species

Im wondering if anyone knows how many color varietys of U. livida are available and if anyone has any pictures of these or any information on how to obtain them. I currently have the standard variety and the "south african" variety.

Im also wondering how many simular species there are and if anyone has pictures of them.

I would like to see more easy species introduced into widespread cultivation.
alien.gif

There is apparently a large degree of variation in U. livida, and several different clones are making the rounds, but until someone registers them as cultivars, they will be difficult to keep track of.

With the (possible) exception of some of the larger SA species, they're all easy.

A surprising number are in cultivation, they're just tricky to get. I'm working on it.

Do you think other forum members have them?
confused.gif
We should all copmpare pics of what we have and see if there are any differences.
alien.gif

Personally, I wouldn't agree with naming cultivars of what are just different clones - they would have to be really exceptional. Location data, and numbers where appropriate, but not formal cultivars.

Giles

I do agree that not all clones deserve to be named, but it would be nice to have a way to track them

Back