What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's growing really fast

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Man my U. Gibba that I posted about earlier is really growing, and I can see lots of little bladders poping out everywhere. Wha-who.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Wes

I killed my gibba
sad.gif
, I know it's the easiest cp to grow.
Go ahead and laugh
mad.gif
I deserve it.

Ozzy,  I haven't killed mine (yet) but it's still sitting in the jar, looking just like it did when I put it in there Nov. 25, last year.

It looks like there has been a little new growth but ya have to squint to see it good
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Wesley, how are you growing it?

I got mine this summer I put some in a pool outside that I had some of my bigger plants sitting, and I had some in an aquarium
both died and I don't know why. There was alot of duckweed in there maybe it blocked out all the sunlight.

I got mine in november and it's grown over 3 in!  
wow.gif

I have it in a water tray, no peat, nothing.
wow.gif

but all I see is like three bladders!
mad.gif

How can I get mine to make bladders pop out everywhere?
confused.gif

Don't feel bad. I almost killed mine as well. Had it in a container that was too small and it started to rot. I didn't notice until there was only a few 1 inch sections left. I removed the small living sections and moved them to a larger container. All but one of the sections died. Now, its about 4 inches long and doing well. New bladders are forming.

I also received some U. gibba seeds. Going to wait until warmer weather to plant those.

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
oh no!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

a couple of my U. gibba is starting to fall apart, too!!! what can I do?

My container is 6inches in diameter an1 1/4inch deep. I try to keep the water level at about 1 1/8inch. I use the water from my well. Ok, don't be alarmed... it is water from a SPRING. And it has nothing in it that is hamrful... except for it being harmfult o bugs because they get trapped in the plant that gets watered by that water.
tounge.gif
wink.gif
Any more questions? I hope that I have been of some assistance.

Wes

P.S. If you let the water level get to low it can be harmful.

What about too deep? I had both of mine in about 10 to 12 inches of water. Do you think that could have been a factor?

"The speciees grows in much of the world, in both temperate and tropical climates, usually in shallow water."- The Savage Garden. That is just about all I could find in it. In this case I think shallow would be from 1inch of water to about 5inches of water. I hope that helped.

Wes
wink.gif

"The speciees grows in much of the world, in both temperate and tropical climates, usually in shallow water."- The Savage Garden.  That is just about all I could find in it.  In this case I think shallow would be from 1inch of water to about 5inches of water.  I hope that helped.

Wes
wink.gif

Thanks Wesley, It looks like I need to switch containers for mine.

Take care,

I would give it a little peat and sand to attach to.

yes!!! I gave it more water, (the water level went from 1/4 in. to 1 1/4 in&#33
wink.gif
and now it is growing like crazy!!!!the traps are now 2 mm. wide!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

See it does help. Every time my water gets to low it seems that the u gibba just quits growing. Sometimes the tips of mine even turn brown. But other than keeping a steady water level, they are easy to grow.

Back