What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened!?!?!?

Hello,
sad.gif
yesterday I counted over 18 very large Utricularia sandersonii flowers! I woke up this morning to find all of the flowers in a big heap, wilting. I cut all of them off except for 2, that looked okay, and I put them in a heap of books, to flatten them. Does anyone know why the wilted so fast? the flowers were about a month old, maybe more. I got the plant from Jeremiah.
-Spec73

was close to a vent or someplace where the temp was able to change drasticaly ?

that's all i can think of , but i've not had these type of plants long enough to know all the things that can affect them

wish i could help.

I would guess that at a month old the flowers just hit the end of their life expectancy. Shouldn't be a problem for you, once this plant starts to flower it usually keeps going non stop

I've been growing sandersonii for a few years now, and have never noticed a drastic dropoff in flowers like you described.  I have some questions for you:
where is the water level?
light photoperiod?
temp?
Are the plants themselves OK.  It was just a flower wilting episode, right?

-Homer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">An honest days work for an honest days pay[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Back