What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention U. livida growers

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Does anyone know if U. livida has an 'alba' form? Mine just started blooming and the flower is PURE white, not a hint of colour what so ever. Is this normal? Will it develope colour later or do I have an 'alba' mutant?

Pyro

Livida doesn't usually have much colour unless it is grown under really bright light. With more light, the lower lip will turn pinkish.

As far as I know, there is no albino form.

I see. I have been under the impression that the lower lip was purple/blue.

Thanks for clearing it up fo me

Pyro

Aaaw... Poor Pyro. I know how u feel... When you think you have something WAY outthere, but then ppl are like, NO...

confused.gif
There there...
wink.gif

hi pyro,
Dodec's right. The plant will produce white/cream flowers unless they are grown in bright sunlight. I didn't like the typical form very much because of this so now I grow the larger flowered blue form. Even in lower light the flowers still have a hint of blue colour!

I'm not too disappointed as it is still a neat little flower. I can always move it into full sun too as it is out on my patio, I'll just plop it between my Sarrs and see what it does
smile.gif

Pyro

wow sunlight does really make a defference to utrics. My outdoors bisquamata is prodcuinf red flowers/very dark flowers and my indoor ones are producing white/classic colors of whitw ith yellow and purple!

I have another form of livida that is supposed to form a dark blue eye. It was going around as U. sp. 'South Africa'. Much slower growing than the typical and hasn't flowered yet. The form I have has blue on the flower and is everblooming. This is a really nice Utricularia!

Back