What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's some traps of different utrics that I have. If the names are reasonably certain I have them listed if I don't know it's called unknown and numbered. I'll try and get the rest tomorrow.

U gibba
Ugibba.jpg

U. praelonga the coolest traps they all seem to have the blue circles on the trap
U%20praelonga.JPG

U. alpina or U. longifolia?
ualplong.JPG

U. bisquamata
Ubisquamata.JPG

U. graminifolia
Ugraminifolia.JPG

U. livida another awesome trap with wide wings at the entrance
Ulivida.JPG

U. nanna either this plant does not produce larger traps or they are all as few and far between and minute as this. The little crustacean I found on the stolon (not thinking I didn't take a shot of that) was easier to spot than this bladder, or the start of one
Unanna.JPG

Unknown #1
Uunkn1.JPG

Unknown #2
Uunkn2.JPG

Unknown #3
Uunkn3.JPG

Unknown #4
Uunkn4.JPG

sword really impressive pics there. looks like you are having fun w/ your new toy.

Could #3 be radiata? It looks like mine. Granted, I haven't inspected under a scope....
confused.gif

Oops, I should add that the only aquatic utric I have is the gibba, the others are growing in moss or peat. Neither U. purpurea nor U. floridiana lived for me. I may have been keeping them in too small of a container?

OK swords, it's official. I am green with envy. Those are really neat pics.
smile.gif

Thanks! I got the digital camerascope setup from the edmund science catalog. This was the cheapest one they had, the others were far more expensive but probably have better image resolution compared to this one. Still on a hobby level this is plenty for me.
smile.gif

Back