What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.  sandersonnii

First off. My very first Utric flowering. I have five flower stalks on my U. sandersonni... One on my N. ampullaria chunk of sandersonni, one on the piece with my N. madigascariensis, and three in my sandersonnii pot. The one with the amp is nearly completly opened... It just has to flip up it's ears.
tounge.gif

I was wondering... Does it pollinate itself? If not... Should I bother pollinating it? If it does, do I sow seeds, or does it?

I have never seen seed from this species, and do not know if it is even possible. You might try using a bit of fishing line and make like you have a probiscus.....

It's of no dire importance, getting the seed. I was just curious. Thanks William!

Well for giggiles I decided to try the fishing line. I can tell you for sure these things have a TON of pollon. If I get any seed I'll let you all know that it is possible.

Well for giggiles I decided to try the fishing line. I can tell you for sure these things have a TON of pollon. If I get any seed I'll let you all know that it is possible.

Back