What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia blooming!

Hello,
2 weeks ago, for my birthday, i recieved a large number of plants from goldtrap2690. One of them was an unknown aquatic utric. Well, when i got it, it was 2 inches long, now, it has 2 branches, and is over 5 inches long! on each of the branches is a flower bud! WOOHOO!!
biggrin.gif
My first aquatic flower!

update: flower buds are getting bigger by the day. they should open by tomorrow, i hope. any suggestions?

update: flower buds are getting bigger by the day. they should open by tomorrow, i hope.

wow.gif
you mean the aquatic utrcis that I sent you , are blooming , they never bloomed for me and i'be had them way longer then you , oooooooh , whats your secret all the plants i send you end up growing fast , blooming , and get bigger . when it flowers take a cpi so i can help identify it , it may be a minor or vulgaris .

U. minor and vulgaris are pretty different. I think U. vulgaris would have to be quite a bit bigger than 5" to flower - maybe 5' would do. It is a much more substantial species than minor.

Giles

Back