What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a whole bunch of  aquatic utrics

i found a whole bunch of what i am pretty sure is a utric. It is as prolific as my my radiata but it has much smaller sacs and is a larger plant. There is more space between each of those leaf looking things and the leaf looking things are lrger. I found it in an old lime pit it coverd the entire area of water and was mixed with tons of algea. there were no flowers yet so i dont have any info on that.i live in central florida in ocala farely close to the ocala national forest.Any body have any idea what i have? i am so excited to have found this but would love to know what it is.
biggrin.gif

thanks,

Joel

post a picture it will make it easyer to id

Cool! in feb.- march, when it was always raining, I thought I saw terrestrial utrics! at the collage my sister goes to! and now I see cars parking in the empty lot squashing the utric tubers!!!!!!!!!!!ARG
mad.gif
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!
mad.gif

I haven't had good luck identifying aquatic utrics at all. I know I've seen machoriza and gibba, but that still leaves at least two more species to identify. It's got to be very hard to identify out of flower - and I think there are a few species down in Florida. It'll probably be a while before they flower - here in New York, August is peak flowering time. I'd highly recommend going back then, as they are quite a sight to see when they're flowering, especially if you can find large ponds full of them.

Back