What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia longifolia

Monstrous! The leaves are monstrous too.
laugh.gif

Just Kidding,

Joe

That's very impressive!

Is this form in cultivation? I have never seen an utric with such long leaves. These guys really live up to their name.

I grow the white flowered form but have never had it flower.

Yes this form is in cultivation. The place where they were found is called Serra da Araponga. In this same population I found the white-flowered form. As far as I know it is the only white form in cultivation. So most likely any white U.longifolia are from this site. About half the population is albino and the scapes produce a large amount of flowers on albino and normal plants at this place.

Please keep im mind that not all the leaves were that size. It was only in a small shady corner of the population among high grasses that I found such long leaves.

So even if you have this form in cultivation, such huge leaves are only a pontential of the plant, you would have to stimulate it correctly to grow that way (that is, stick it in your basement with the lights out, hahaha!

Fernando

Back