What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.sandersonii - silly rabbit!

Hi y'all,

I've got two interesting photos to go along with my questions:

I have a u.sandersonii that has been flowering constantly for about half a year and I've noticed that some of the leaves are turning yellow. Is this old age or is the flowering using up too much of the plant's energy? I know this may be a problem with vfts, but haven't heard anything about it with utrics.

sandersonii_crazy.jpg

Okay, on a different u.sandersonii cluster, there's a old flowerstalk that's a bit reddish, and a plant (complete with roots and flowerstalk) growing out of it. Is this normal? Perhaps high humidity?  
tounge.gif

sandersonii_stalk.jpg

The yellowing is normal, and plants seem to go into a bit of a decline after a long period of flowering. It will eventually stop flowering. You should probably start a new colony soon.

The little plantlet with the flower is pretty neat. I have not seen that before, but it doesn't surprise me that it happened. Utrics have a pretty disorganized growth patter even at the best of times.

Back