What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

germinating seeds

hey everyone

i am recieving some U. bisquamata seeds soon and wanted some good info on how you guys would go about successfully germinating them and raising them. this is my first time with growing terrestrial utrics. thank you very much.

-josh

The most important thing to remember when trying to geminate utrics is prayer. Whatever your deity of choice, pray long and pray often. Ask he/she to show mercy upon your endeavors and do everything within his/her power to coax life from your tiny seeds.

Just put them on the growing media of you choice and put them alongside your other plants. Then wait.

And pray.

So True!
Utrics are funny little bu**ers and they will decide when (or if) to germinate no matter what you do to help them along!

Fortunatley Bisquamata (especially if its the typical form) is a very easy germinator. Its one of the species that you find spontaniously pooping up in other plant pots. Just sow them on the surface of a peat/sand mix keep moist and wait. Germination can take anything from a few weeks to a year so don't be too hasty throwing those pots out!

YIKES!!!!!!!!! a year? thats a long time...... i hope it only takes a few weeks. the seeds im gettting are real fresh. just popped yesterday and are getting sent to me today..so by the time i get them, they'll only be a few days old. im hoping that makes a difference..lol. well, wish me luck fellow carni-keepers....lol. take care

-josh

A little more comfort food
wink.gif
can be found here.

Chris

Back