What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia tenella

Pinch me! Get the smelling salts! I am on a run of luck with Utricularia seed. Either I am getting remarkably fresh seed which is doubtful, or the spray method is working far better than it ever has. It could be the phase of the moon, who knows! First U. multifida and now this. If this keeps up I will go a hunting seed, something i don't really persue since it has never done much for me except to disappoint and agravate!

Congrats Tamlin
biggrin.gif
I just got some U.asplundii to germinate(either that or grass seeds
wink.gif

Great news Tamlin.

Will have to try that method.

That's wonderfull! Glad to hear of your success here. Keep up the great work!
later,

Cool. The few tenella that I had germinate never made it to maturity. Watch them carefully, and keep up the spraying until they look like they can take care of themselves.

In realated news: The one U. violacea that I managed to save after a short period of neglect is sending up a flower.

Good job Tamlin. I tried germinating U. dichotoma and was so frustrated I haven't tried since. I'll stick to Drosera seeds, I'm having great results.

I sympathize. I tried scads of times to germinate Utricularia with dismal results. The spray method really enhances the germination so don't give up.

What was the time frame between sowing and first germination? I have 4 species in the works right now and I just want to know when I should think about having a chance of success.

No more than 3 weeks in either case. I just keep misting until I get sick of it with a fine a mist as possible.

Back