What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia tridentata

Another previously unseen flower! I love it when I flower a species I have never had before: it's better than a movie with popcorn!

Utricularia_tridentata_flower_062503_%2010r.jpg

That's a delightful shade of pink, nice one!

I'll be adding this species to my collection in a matter of days
smile.gif
, do you grow it under fairly standard terrestrial Utric conditions? Or does it prefer it very wet? or a more open compost? Any cultivation tips appreciated.

Cheers

Vic

I grow mine under standard care: pure fluffed peat, wet to barely moist alternate cycle, flourescent lights. it seems carefree in culture. The flower is more violet in hue than came out in this shot.

I hope mine flowers someday. I have a package of microwave popcorn ready for the occasion.
wink.gif

Congrats Tamlin

I just checked my plant, and I have 3-4 scapes comming up. I am looking forward to seeing the flowers on this species.

Cole

Nice flower Tamlin,

How big do the flowers get? and how tall are the inflorescences? As far as I know this species isn't grown in Australia yet. I'll get hold of it one day. As always, see if you can get some seed off the plant.

Regards,

Sean.

Hi Sean,

The flowers are maybe a little smaller than U. livida, but not much. The scapes are comparable to this species as well. Once I get a dissecting microscope, fertilization of Utricularia flowers will be a major focus.

Why do you need a dissecting microscope? I just stick a pine needle down the throat swipe upward and reinsert twice daily and the seed pod is swelling!
tounge.gif

Back