What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need every bit of info possible on u.gibba

Yea, I read to just get a fish bowl and put in a few scoops of peat moss. And dump it in. Any tips advice when to clean out the tank do I need too? What do I do? Spectabilis is sending me a cutting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Trapsrock @ Mar. 25 2003,5:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea, I read to just get a fish bowl and put in a few scoops of peat moss. And dump it in. Any tips advice when to clean out the tank do I need too? What do I do? Spectabilis is sending me a cutting.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yes, put in one cup of moist peat moss before adding the water. Put a thin layer (maybe half a centimeter) of sand on top of the peat, to keep the lighter parts of peat from floating. Add about 3 inches of distilled water, and put the plant in when it arrives. No cleaning required, but if you see mold or algea, do a complete water change. Give it about 3 hours of full morning sun. Feed it daphnia, and soon you'll have a weedy, unwanted utric.
wink.gif
(ok, maybe not unwanted, but you might have to upgrade to a large, large clear water tray, when it gets big, or just cut it and put the cutting in a new jar of water, etc
smile.gif

Good luck! Hope it grows good for you!
smile.gif

-Spec

P.S.-Keep me updated on how it grows for you.
smile.gif

Thanks spec, I will start a new thread when I get it to post how its going.

I think I killed my u. gibba. It still has a very little bit of green in it but most of it is brown and it sank in its water.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Could there be any way to save it? I had it in full sun, all day long on my southeast facing window sill. (I think that was my mistake. I have now moved it to where it gets morning sun and stays in a bright room. I have it in all water and it is inch deep.

Back