What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My god it actuially arrived!

I ordered the book The Genus Utricularia in august but it has just arrived now. I pretty much had given up on it coming long ago.

Sure is a great book though a quite lengthy read! It's too bad there wasn't a small section on cultivation too and it would be perfect Utric bible! I reccomend it to anyone interested in utrics!

back to perusing the book...!

We are both speaking aber Taylor's monogrphie, aren't we ?

It's a phantstic book (it's not hard to believe that it took 30 years) but one oft the most "boring" to read...

If I want to know something about a species it's a great source to look at but you will start sleeping after reading through ten or 20 species describtions...

Charles Clarkes monographs for excample are excellent books to read from page 1 to the end.

Martin

Hi Martin

Yes, it's dull to actually sit and read (actually it's quite a bit like The Praying Mantids monograph by Prete) but when I wanna look up a species (or just marvel at the great drawings) it's definately worth it!

Yes, Charles' books are great but I wish someone would also put out some monographs on the Phillipine and Indonesian Nep species too!
smile.gif

Back