What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

u.sp-1

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I received some U. sandersonii and U.sp-1 from someone from this site some time ago. Thanks. I'm not sure who it was because my e-mail was deleted.
I was wondering how big U.sp-1 grows. Is it about the same size as U. sandersonii?

My U. sp. 1 (hopefully this will get a name in the near future) came from Copper. So far it is producing club shaped leaf stolons. No flowers yet, so I can say much more. Size wise the leaves are smaller than U. dichotoma, wider than U. subulata, and more substantial than U. lateriflora, although the latter might be a possibility, as is the nebulous "U. microcalyx". In any event, it is smaller than U. sandersonii. Time will tell!

Mine,also from copper,produces leafs slightly longer and more linear then u.livida,and is now growing fairly fast.:)

Mine is about twice the size of u.sandersonii "blue".

Pondboy, are you referring to the size of the clump itself, or the size of the leaves? One is variable, the other is not.

The size of the leafs! Clump size all depends on growing facxtors\age of plant!

hmmmm, maybe I better measure my leaves, they seem smaller to me than U. sandersonii but maybe its an optrical illusion!

Thanks for the info.
Mine is smaller then the U. sandersonii. Since I can not find any pictures or info on them I was not sure of how large this plant got.

Mine is smaller than U. Sandersonii. Pond boy are you sure you do not have sp2. Did I send both? sp-1 is very small. Both sp-1 and sp-2 are from Marcos. I am inclined to think that sp-2 is a livida and one possibly a lateriflora, but as Tamlin said, time will tell.

You said you sent me u.sp-1 but as your i`ds seem to be very prone to being wrong (no offense) it could very well be u.sp-2 I t is definately NOT however a u.livida!,unless the i`d on that was off!
smile.gif

Back