What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utrics blooming!

Hi!,my u.sp-1 has 2 flower scapes,and my u.livida has 1!
I`m so psyced(sp). This is the first time I`ve ever had a cp(other then vfts) bloom!
Thanks,
Noah.
smile.gif

Congrats! My U. sandersonni has started to bloom too!

SF

My sp-1, livida, flaccida, sandersonii blue, sandersonnii, and more...are blooming. The flaccida is a beautiful yellow.

What color will the U.sp-1 flower be?
smile.gif

Copper,
I have heard from some people that the sandersonii blue are way harder to bloom than sandersonii... Do you flood or dry out the trays, change the daylength, etc. to induce flowering? Thanks!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Lithopsman

I do all of that, but the plant seems to just flower sparsely when it has a mind to, and not until.  Patience is the only protocol that seems to work.

I think the sp. 1 is going to prove to be another clone of the U. microcalyx that is circulating...and the jury is still out on what this might be.

I`m putting a pic up at funtigo at this very moment!

Pondboy,

You might want to fix your link. You had http:// repeated twice, causing IE at least to mess up.

SF

I noticed my u. livida is also getting ready to flower. I just went and looked at it and it had 8 flower scapes!! I swear it only had 4 when i looked at it this morning! And it looks like two of them will open tomorrow.

-buckeye

Wow thats great Buckeye! Congrats!
smile.gif

lithopsman, like Tamlin, mine rarely blooms. I do flood it off and on. It appears to like being under a little brighter light. My medium is a mix of 50% peat, 25% sand and 25% perlite.

My sandersonii and livida are blooming also.The stems are bent from shipping but they are still blooming,maybe they like their new home
biggrin.gif

Mark W.

It opened! There are currently 4 bloom stalks! I plan on posting pics soon.

Now livida has 2,microcalyx has 6,and sandersonii "blue" has 1!

Now microcalyx has 10,sandersonii "blue" has 4,and livida has 3!
smile.gif

Back