What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing instuctions

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Can someone give me some growing instructions on growing U. iflata and areura(sp?).

I think U. inflata and U. aurea could be grown as any other aquatic U. Just a handful of peat per a gallon of water.

what about light. bright, inderect?

Well I have mine on the windowsill in a 2.5 gallon tank I believe, and it gets direct sun we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Unless you have some other plant and animal associations, I predict that algae will happen. Copper, where are you! It's time to teach!

The last time I had a Utric(gibba) on the windowsill with direct light; it got fried. This time I am going for bright, indirect light.

How much water was there with your plant? The more water there is the longer it will take to be heated up.

I have my plants growing in my 40 gallon fish tank. I have 2 watts per gallon. The thing I'm most worried about is that I just got into Discus mid Dec. The water temp is now set to 83 degrees. I've notice a few of my aquatic plants are not really thrilled with the temperature increase. Time will tell if they can adjust.

Well, I just moved them to a bigger container, and they are getting bright indirest sun throughout the day. We'll se what happens

Back