What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utrics from seeds

Hi,

I have sown in the past months few species of Utricularia, and I have 2 set of seedlings now of Utricularia bisquamata and U. novae-zelandiae or delicatula . How much time can it take before they reach 'adult size'? I know it can vary a lot depending of the growing conditions, but for now, its much a concern about fighting with overgrowing mosses :p.

Any idea?

At least a year, and probably 2 based on my limited experience.

That's pretty good for a CP. I'm used to 7+ years lol...

At least it is way less than Nepenthes or Sarracenia ;) lol

It depends on what you mean by mature. If your definition of mature is the plants filling the pot it may take a couple of years for nova-zealandiae or delicatula to fill a decent sized pot (it all depends upon how much germination you get). U. bisquamata can fill a pot in a matter of a few months.

Sean.

I would cosider maturity when the plants begin to bloom,thats the way they consider most animals mature as well(except that animals don`t flower).

Back