What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. reniformis

I've moved mine from a wetter part of the greenhouse water bench section to a drier area near other plant that seem to do better drier like D. slackii and some D. capensis varietys.

Funny enough, I got U. nelumbifolia from Tony at the same time, and they look very similar, lol.

Joe

They look especially similar when dormant - I posted some small U. reniformis to someone thinking it was U. nelumbifolia, but really that was just carelessness and lack of good labelling.

Giles

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Feb. 27 2004,04:46)]Funny enough, I got U. nelumbifolia from Tony at the same time, and they look very similar, lol.
Hi Joe,

leafes of young Ut. nelumbifolia and Ut. reniformis look absolutely identical. But from one leaf to the following one the shape of Ut. nelumbifolia leafes change to mature looking ones.

Cheers Joachim

Very interesting. I will have to pay attention and make sure I label them right, lol.
The most surprising thing about these was the size. The lamina was bigger than a portion of any Utric I have seen. This is of course, thanks to Tony, who never seems to send out a puny plant.

Regards,

Joe

Back