What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.sandersonii "blue" rotting away!

Hi,my U.sandersonii blue is suddenly rotting away!, it starts at the flower stalk and then the flower stalk turns brown then clear then rots away. After this it spreads to the "lolons" and they die off to. This has been going on for 2 days now and I`m quite worried. Hopefully this isn`t something that canm affect my other plants!

My conditions are as follows:
Soil: 2 parts peat to ! part perlite.
Light; very sunny coming from a 32 watts compact f;ourecsent bulb in a "chicken light",suspended 10 inches from top of plant.
Water;1inch rain\distilled water.
Humidity 60-70%.

Thanks for any help,
Noah.

Hi Noah,

I have a U. sandersonii which was pretty much doing the same thing and I took whatever remaining parts of it and dropped it in LFS soaked in water. It has now recovered and is growing again. I'll probably plant some back into a mix when I have enough again.

smile.gif

Charles

Hello Noah,

My mix is a little different in that I have LFS and some sand mixed in at 50% peat and 50% a mix of the other. If it dies I will send more.

Well I cleared off all the old soil,and repoted in fresh soil,so hopefully it will come back.:) Thanks for the offer Copper I`ll keep that in mind.

Back