What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. alpina flowering

That lloks like an orchid flower...what a beaut(s). Very nice indded! And and intriuging blooming pattern as well...
wink.gif

Beat you to it Colieo! ;)

My first flower opened a few days ago and the second is beginnning the process. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased.
smile.gif

alpina_flower.sized.JPG

[larger image]

The flowers smell wonderful too! All my plants are in flower right now, and it was worth the 20 year wait (it's been that long since I have last seen them).

William, after the flower opens and dies. Will you toss the dead bloom in a zip loc baggie and ship it off to me? I understand these things can cure the common cold, rid you of cancer and have been known to bring people back to life. I'd love to have one just sitting arround... Just in case.
smile_m_32.gif

LOL Good job all that are blooming this!! ...one day I might also.
smile_l_32.gif

Andrew

How big are the flowers? My U.livida is too small to even get your nose under, probably would sniff in teh entire flower...I heard sarracenia flowers smell good to (my S.catesbaei is producing a lovely sweet honey fragrance), which is a luckly good because I accidentally smelt it, and I heard that some sarracenia flowers smell like cat pee
smile_n_32.gif
...don't know if true or not
laugh.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Back