What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G. uncinata flowering!

Hi all,

one of my plants showed me its first open flower after 3 years of cultivation this day:

guncinata3p.jpg

Seed originally came from Mucuge, Chapada, Diamantina in Brazil. [And Fernando donot ask who collected the seed if you read this post :-)) ]This flower was the result of three years of growing this beautiful species of Genlisea with reasonable growing results, but none of the plants flowering. I didnot count the numerous flower stalks that were produced within the last three years and never showed a flower but I estimate about 10-15 stalks. All of it got yellow-brown in an early stage of growth.
Pollen was also produced and I hand pollianted the flower today. Hopefully I will get some seed for an in vitro try. Also there are some more flowers that hopefully will open the next days.

Stefan

Well done! This is the most intersting post I have seen all day on the forum.

Cheers,

Joe

Very nice! Beautiful flower. I know after waiting so long, that must have been a joy to see. The saying goes "All things come to those who wait."

Thanks for sharing such an interesting flower and history.

Suzanne

Nice work Stefan. It's always a pleasure when flowering a new species isn't it!

Back