What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My genlisea collection

Well, finally i have flowered the 3 Genlisea species i grow.
Here are the pics for you all to enjoy.

G.hispida:
G.hispida-SAF-3723.jpg

G.pygmaea:
G.pygmaea-1.jpg

G.repens:
G.repens-1.jpg

great pics and plants
smile.gif
What soil do you use for them? Thanks

droseradude

Thanks dude. I use 1:1 milled sphagnum/quartz sand.

Very beautiful flowers Sebastian, thanks for sharing! Is G. repens an annual species? This is one that I can't seem to find.

Hi Tamlin. I have my G.repens since Dec 2002 and it has grown as perennial until now. I will try to get some seed for you next time it blooms.

Nice pics! Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing them. Don't see genlisea photos all that often.

Suzanne

Pretty flowers. What do they look like below the stalk?

Hi guys,

Great pics Sebas!! congrats on getting these plants to flower. You have a really cool G.hispidula. Somebody recently posted here or on the CPUK forum a comparison between 3 G.hispidula from different locations. The differences were surprising, did you see it?

As for the otehr 2 species, you seem to have the right stuff. Tamlin, G.repens never grows as an annual as far as I've seen. It always occurs in very wet habitats, usually submerged in shallow water year round.

As for G.pygmaea... I'm still not sure if it si an annual in the wild or if it goes dormant in the dry season. Apparently in cultivation it is perenial, right Sebas?

Take Care,
Fernando Rivadavia

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 30 2004,6:31)]Nice pics!  Beautiful flowers.  Thanks for sharing them.  Don't see genlisea photos all that often.

Suzanne
Dont worry, PAK! When mine flower, I will send a pic to somebody to post!  
smile.gif
 I have G.lobata x violacea, G.violacea "caraca"(Its only a cutting that has just rooted, it wil probably be a while before it flowers) and G.pygmea(Its getting it later)

Lovely photos, Seb!  
smile.gif
 I love Genlisea, especially the flowers!  
smile.gif

Dino  
smile_m_32.gif

Genlisea pygmaea is a perennial for me, always in growth although it is a slow grower, very much behaving like G. filiformis.

Back