What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping aldrovanda with small fish

I am looking to start with some Aldrovanda in my aquarium. I was wondering if it is okay with small fish about 3/4" long. Does it just feed on small aquatic invertebrates like Daphnia?

Thanks much!

I never had a Aldrovanda. BUT I read somewhere that the fish may use the Aldrovanda for food or the Aldrovanda using the fish for food!By the way, I also read that daphnia are a common source of food for Aldrovanda!

well if your aquarium has acidic water, plants, and sphaghum peat moss at the bottom then try it.

I have grown it with fish with no problem. Well not untill someone decided to clean the tank and get rid of that floating plant matter...
smile_h_32.gif

George

The traps are probably to small to eat fish, but I think that the fish might consistently trigger the traps by inspecting them for tidbits. Of course, this only applies to the fish that will auutally bother looking through the plants for food.

Back