What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. flaccida pic

flaccida.jpg

This is the first time this utric flowered for me, so it was worthy of a pic!  The plant is spreading readily in a mix of equal parts sand and peat.  The flower is on a 10" stalk.

enjoy,

Homer

Nice one Homer! Does your flower show any faint red markings?

wow tamlin got banned!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
why'd you post as a guest tamlin?

Well lands sakes, I did didn't I! Must have been after Valerie logged off and I didn't log in. I didn't think that was possible.
No, I am not banned. In fact, I can't even drop off - it's not allowed: I have to type more answers to emails about why I am not around than I do making posts. I've tried getting banned, but the most I coud come up with is a warning square.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 07 2004,12:30)]Nice one Homer!  Does your flower show any faint red markings?

Nope, it's nothing but yellow.

-Homer

Kinda hard to see but looks like there might be a few tiny specks of red there in the center. Mine doesn't have much either. Here is a picture. I really like this species with the tall sturdy scapes and the zigzag look as successive flowers open.
UflaccidaCR.jpg

Tony

Back