What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I appreciate the sentiments, but...

You are all great people but I'm a little alarmed at the tributes that are being posted. I'm not retiring, I'm not terminally ill, I'm not even giving up plants. I'm just tired of maintaining a whole bunch of utrics - I'd like to try something else.

Also: I am not a "nice man", I'm only 30 for goodness sake. I have never felt so old.

Anyway, I am glad that everyone is so interested in these plants. I will continue to stop by here from time to time and help as best I can, and try and keep up on new and initeresting species in cultivation.

My plans for the near future are to do some outdoor gardening, and see just what can be grown in a zone 2b climate. I might also try growing some interesting gesneriads.

So don't worry about me. My collection was started with the help of some nice people, and I'm just passing on the favour. Just make sure that you never become angry, possessive and elitist like some in the CP hobby are.

Good point. As far as I have understood it, you said that you were giving away some utrics because you had too many. You didnt say that you were retyring.
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Back