What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question on lateriflora..........

how big are the flowers on his one? mine is blooming but i swear i could fit 8 or 10 of them on my livida's flower. the flower is fully formed and is a pinkish color as far as i can tell. is it just being wierd or is this normal?

Rattler

sounds about right.. U. lateriflora is one of the tiny ones.
Tony

ok ill have to break out the magnifying glass and take a closer peak.

Rattler

Watch those seed pods! This one self seeds, so once the pods form I exile it from my other Utricularia until the scapes are harvested.

i plan to Tamlin. its sitting in a 5-1/2 gal tank with 15 or so other Utric species that i dont want "contaminated".

Rattler

one more question. does lateriflora ONLY flower half way up the stalk? the newest flower stalk coming out of that pot looks like its going to flower at the ery top with nothing halfway up.

Rattler

I have only seen mine put out a single flower on the end of the inflorescence (despite it's name).

Hmmm, not sure if mine have terminal flowers, but they for sure have the ones halfway up. I'll check some photos later and get back to you.

ok. the first flowers i saw it put out were halfway up. the newest stalk is a terminal flower.........i realize there could be 2 species in the pot. i am positive lateriflora is in there. its the newest one im not sure of.

Rattler

Back