What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the insights on how to deal with the algae which was engulfing my gibba. I tried just about everything to grow it as an aquatic but the algae would not go into remission. I visited a several local wetlands and noticed that the vast majority of utrics in Michigan were growing close to the shore and for the most part in muck. Last week I plucked my mat of gibba (along with the algae) out of it's tank and dropped it into a moist peat-sludge media in an opaque bowl. The reduction in algae is already apparent. Thanks again! flytrap59

I live in MI to. Great place for CPs! Have you checked out Meijer Gardens? Aquatic Utrics seem to be everywhere here in MI.

I grow my gibba indoors in a clear bowl with no algae at all! I filled the bottom with peat and covered it with sand. I buried a portion of gibba in the peat with the rest above the soil, filled the bowl with water and added a few small snails. Its been that way a few years now without any algea and it flowers all the time.

Good luck with yours.

Glenn

Back